CNPA - Home
Membership | Regions | Galleries | Calendar | Events | Magazine

Go Back   CNPA Forums > Regional Forums > South Carolina - Midlands
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2014, 08:41 AM

Default Midlands Meeting On Friday August 1st- 7 PM

Hi all, our next Midlands Region Meeting will be held on Friday August 1, 2014 at 7 PM
Our speaker will be Rob Knight and his topic will be "Nature in Motion: Adding Video To Your Still Photography".

When I asked Rob about a description of his talk he sent me the following:

Virtually every digital camera on the market today is capable of capturing high definition video. Panasonic LUMIX Luminary Rob Knight will show you examples of how adding video to your workflow can enhance your still photography without adding lots of additional expensive gear. You'll learn tips and techniques for capturing great video with the DSLR or mirrorless camera you are already shooting with. Rob will demonstrate how to use inexpensive easy to use software to blend your video clips and still images

Rob is a professional photographer, educator, author, Panasonic Lumix Luminary and an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop Lightroom. While Rob hails from Georgia he loves to as he says "chase beautiful light" and loves to help other photographers make beautiful images. He does Nature and Travel Workshops and he feels and, I certainly agree, that hybrid nature photography is the next step for the genre. When speaking of his students and his excitement about hybrid nature photography Rob explains, "Especially when they learn that they can use tools that they already have to add another layer of creativity and storytelling to their photography."

So here is a presentation that will offer lots of new and important information and frankly I can't wait to hear the presentation. Looking forward to seeing and meeting y'all on Friday August 1st with Rob's presentation beginning at 7 PM in our usual meeting location: in the first floor C.Warren Derrick Conference Room at the Palmetto Health Children's Hospital. If you go into the main entrance of the Children's Hospital (from the parking lots in front of the main entrance of the Hospital) the conference room is the first door on the left. If you would like to meet up with some fellow CNPA Midlanders for a light supper many of our members meet at the 9 Medical Park deli at about 5:30 PM. 9 Med Park is the first building on the right as you pull into the Palmetto Health Richland parking lots from the Harden Street Extension and the deli is on the first floor. Hope you can make the meeting; I think you will enjoy it.

Donald Wuori CNPA Midlands Regional Co Coordinator