- This event has passed.
Outing (Photo Walk) – Myrtle Beach
May 18 @ 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
This will be a photo walk in the Calabash/Sunset Beach area of NC.
Here is how the day will play out:
1) Meet at Oyster Rock Parking Lot in Calabash at 7:30a.m.
2) Car pool to Vereen Gardens: latest sightings- painted bunting, summer tanager, whimbrel, snowy egrets, great egrets, great blue heron
3) On to Twin Lakes: latest sightings – alligators, black crowned night herons, red-winged black birds and lots of random fly overs from bald eagles to wood storks
4) On to Sea Trail for green heron and little blue heron nests/ then on to osprey nests with other song birds, turtles, and fox squirrels
5) On to end of Sunset Beach: latest sightings- Wilson plovers, oyster catchers, dowitchers, brown pelicans, black skimmers, red knots, dunlins, royal terns, sandwich terns, canon ball jellies, rumors of a fox. It will be low tide when we are at the beach so shorts and water shoes or bare feet makes it easier walk through tide pools or inlets….or you can just walk around them
6) Back to parking lot with lunch at Tony’s Pizza
7) Claim cars and head home
For more information, click on button below.