- This event has passed.
CNPA Charlotte October Meeting and PAS Nature Interclub Contest
October 19 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Again this year CNPA will be competing in The PSA Nature Interclub Competition. This is a club level competition that is open to all CNPA members. The competition has three rounds and allows CNPA members to compete against other photography clubs around the world. Just a reminder, In this competition we are following PSA criteria not CNPA rules. Last year several member submissions were not eligible due to the PSA strict “Nature” rules. To avoid that issue, this year we also entered the “Open” interclub photography competition so that submissions that don’t qualify for “Nature” category will be moved to the open category.
As a reminder the CNPA Charlotte meeting on Tuesday October 19, 2021 at 7:00 pm will be used to select images for the first round of the PSA Nature Interclub Competition.
The specific PSA rules are attached to this email, I will highlight what I see as the most problematic based on last years’ experience.
• This competition is open to all CNPA members (you do not need to be a individual PSA member, CNPA is entering as a club)
• There is no cost to enter
• You may enter 3 images in each category Nature & Open (6 total)
• The competition has 3 rounds (you enter different images in each round)
• YES you may enter the same image in both the PSA Nature Interclub competition that you entered in the CNPA Members Choice Contest
• If you are a individual PSA member you may also enter the individual competitions
• You may only enter images in one club PSA interclub competition (you can’t submit to PSA both in another club and also CNPA)
• We will select images in October, January and March during the CNPA Charlotte meeting. This meeting and voting selection is open to all CNPA members.
• Only 1 image from each photographer will be submitted for each category Nature/Open in each round.
Key Nature Rules – the entire list is attached
• No incidental hand-of-man – as an example a background fence or building is not allowed
• Essential hand-of-man – as an example a bird on a fencepost would be allowed as its needed by the bird
• No watermarks
• No vignettes, borders, shadows,,,,
• No addition or deletions to the images
• No to almost any extensive processing
• Its fairly wide open
The dropbox link will remain the same for all 3 rounds submit your 3 images to each category
“Nature Interclub Competition Entries” (Enter 3 images)
“Open Interclub Competition Entries” (Enter 3 images)
Reminders from CNPA – Go to the CNPA.org webpage for more information
• The registration to the CNPA Annual conference is now open
• The entry in the CNPA Members choice is also open
To register for Webinar, click on “Webinar Details” button.